The Bad Elf Flex firmware can be updated using a USB Drive connected to the Bad Elf Flex using the supplied USB-OTG adapter.
- Download the latest firmware to your PC or Mac:
- Copy the file to any FAT-formatted USB drive, and cleanly unmount/eject the USB drive from your computer.
- Turn your Bad Elf Flex unit ON by holding the power button for 3-4 seconds, and wait until you see the main LCD screen (~30 seconds).
- Plug the USB drive into the supplied USB-OTG adapter cable.
- Plug the USB-OTG cable into the Mini-USB port on the back of your Bad Elf Flex.
- The left LED should illuminate with a purple status indication, indicating the drive was found.
- Within a few seconds the Flex will start the update process. You will usually see the all the LEDs turn purple during the update, and the screen will display a "Shutting down..." or "Updating firmware..." message. NOTE: if your Flex is running really old firmware, you may need to wait up to 60 seconds before you get any progress indication.
- When finished, you will hear 2 beeps, and the new firmware will automatically start.
- You can check the new firmware version by navigating to Settings > Flex Info.
- You can safely disconnect the USB drive and USB-OTG adapter cable from the back of your Bad Elf Flex.