The Bad Elf Wombat has two major functions. First and foremost, it is used to download your avionics charts and transfer them to your cockpit avionics. Secondly, it is made to upload engine logs from your aircraft to an analyzing service. This instruction guide is for the first part of that process: How to transfer from your aircraft's Avionics to your iPhone or iPad.
Before we begin, you will need several things:
- Bad Elf Wombat (Set to Logs Mode)
- SD card or USB drive with flight logs from your Avionics
- iPhone or iPad
- An analyzing service, such as CloudAhoy, Savvy Analysis, or MyTBM
Cockpit to iPad or iPhone
1) Take the SD Card/ USB Stick out of your aircraft's panel and insert into the end of your Wombat
2) Connect your Wombat to your iPhone or iPad via WiFi (Click here for instructions)
3) Open the Bad Elf Wombat app.
4) Tap Copy logs from USB or SD in Wombat, select the files you wish do copy, and Start copying from USB in Wombat.
5) Depending on the size and amount of files being transferred, this may take a few minutes. When it is finished, you may remove the USB or SD card from your Wombat.
6) You will see a synopsis of the Logs that have been copied. When you're done, reviewing, tap Done!
If you run into issues, or have questions on the process, contact us over email at email@example.com.